Interior decorating is an art of creating a beautiful home by improvising color plans and accessorizing with elegant features. We often confuse interior decorating with interior designing. There is a distinct difference between these two. Interior decorating mainly focusses on finishes/accessories. Interior designing focusses on creating a lifestyle with the architecture of the interior space by analyzing the human psychology.
Basically we will be discussing about decorating ideas for each room in a house one after another. While i was thinking of which room to start with??! Since aahaar vihaar is a food blog why not start with the dining room...
Yes, here are some steps by which you can decorate your ordinary dining room to an attractive yet easy to use space. I greatly appreciate your comments on improving this subject. Check out this Dining Hall
- Select a theme for the dining room which uniquely blends with the living room.
- Painting the room with varied color palettes will be the next step. Select a color for the wall and match the ceiling with the contrasting color. The color on the wall should be in contrast with the floor color.
- The window treatments should complement the paint color in the room and also the furniture in the room. One example, a pale colored drapes will suit well to a dark cherry dining table furniture.
- Add a rug to the dining room based on the floor type and the one that enhances the look of the furniture.
- Choose furnitures that are simple and gives room for a family of 6-8 for dining. Floral slip covers for the dining room chairs matching the theme of the room adds an elegant look. Also, adding buffet/server is optional, but they can help you organize your serveware and dinnerware. Keep it simple and not too cramped.
- Choose a center piece for the dining table, let it be a floral arrangements or candle holders. Of course, there are no hard and fast rules of center pieces, you can decorate with the flowers or the candle holders or with an antique center piece. But in spring, bring in some fresh flowers instead of the silk or artificial floral arrangements.
- Adequate lighting will project your rooms beauty. Select a chandelier that will lighten up the entire dinging area and also enhances your center piece.
- Then comes the wall hangings. Choose pictures that suites best for the color of the wall. Again, no hard and fast rules, choose according to your ideas.
- Tablecloths, placemats and runners should be chosen to mix with the furniture.
- Choosing the dinnerware which resembles the color of the room is a wise idea, but going on with a classic white and cream based set of dinnerware is also a good choice.
- Last but not least, keep your room so comforting and serve your food with love.